Close
  • Replies (69)
  • Northern Star Council Image
    Assistant Scoutmaster
    Trained Strip
    21 days ago
    Ed D.
    Jerry,

1. Go to the Scout's Leadership page, click on his current position and enter an end date.
    2. Go to the Scout's Leadership page, click on +Add and add the new position (Scoutbook will not let you enter a future date)
    3. Use the Boy Scout History Report

If you are updating leadership for multiple Scouts, I recommend using the volunteer written and supported Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook for Chrome and Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook for Firefox. It adds quick entry for Scout leadership. You can start and/or end leadership using this feature.
    Pending Approval
  • Grand Canyon Council Image
    Committee Member
    Trained Strip
    21 days ago
    Bill N.
    Jerry,
    The following video shows how Scoutbook lines up with the BSA advancement process
    Recording Boy Scout Advancement Using Scoutbook (Video)

Pending Approval
  • San Diego Imperial Council Image
    Assistant Scoutmaster
    15 days ago
    Charley H.
    Bump
    Pending Approval
  • Lincoln Heritage Council Image
    11 days ago
    Jerry K.
    I have a Scout who has earned his Coin Collecting merit badge. All requirements are entered into Scoutbook, Leader Approved & Awarded on February 9, 2018. It has yellow check mark.

It is not showing up in the Purchasing Report or the Needs Awarding Report. When I go into the scout's individual award report, it IS there.

My question is why it is not showing up in the visual list of merit badges on the Scout's advancement page.
    Pending Approval
  • Pacific Harbors Council, BSA Image
    Committee Chairman
    Trained Strip
    11 days ago
    Jennifer O.
    Jerry,

green checkbox = Completed

blue checkbox = Leader Approved / Recorded [Leader Approved awards / ranks / merit badges will sync with the BSA's national database for Scouts that are activated as part of the advancement sync]

yellow gold checkbox = Awarded [This means that the badge / patch has been presented to the Scout]. Items that have been marked as Awarded will not show up on the Needs Purchasing or Needs Awarding report, because they have already been purchased and awarded / presented to the Scout. If this is not correct, you can go to the item, click on the checkbox next to where it says Completed, and uncheck the box next to Awarded.

Which page exactly is it missing from? Scout's main page? [Scout]'s Advancement page list of merit badges? Somewhere else?

It is possible that you could have a cache issue. Try logging out of Scoutbook (actually log out by using the "hamburger" looking icon in the upper left), then clear your browser's cache, close your browser, then re-open it, and log back it again.
    Pending Approval
  • Lincoln Heritage Council Image
    11 days ago
    Jerry K.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed, Coin Collecting is missing from the Scout's main page. I followed your guidance, logged out and then back in and no change.
    Pending Approval
  • Pacific Harbors Council, BSA Image
    Committee Chairman
    Trained Strip
    11 days ago
    Jennifer O.
    OK, so you're saying that the picture icon for Coin Collecting isn't showing up on the Scout's main page? But it does show up everywhere else, correct?

When you look at the Scout's main page, is the Scout approved (green shield with checkmark)?
    updated 11 days ago
    Pending Approval
  • Greater Los Angeles Area Image
    Den Leader
    Trained Strip
    9 days ago
    Brian M.
    How can one get involved with the SUAC? I would love to be involved if possible.
    Pending Approval
  • Grand Canyon Council Image
    Committee Member
    Trained Strip
    8 days ago
    Bill N.
    Brian M.
    Thank you for your interest. Send an email to: SUACInformation@gmail.com with your contact information and how you think you can contribute.
    Pending Approval
  • profile photo
    Your Name

Delete Message?

Are you sure you want to delete your message?

This action cannot be undone.

Close

Subscribe to this Discussion

You can follow this discussion and get notified instantly via email whenever anyone adds a reply.

Turn this setting on or off at any time.