Note: This tool is created by a Volunteer and is NOT supported by BSA.
What is it?
An extension is an add-on tool that is installed into your browser that can provide some time saving features. This extension is available for Chrome desktop browsers, and the add-on for Firefox browsers both mobile and desktop. Once installed, it is automatically updated when new versions become available. This tool has been developed by a volunteer and is the responsibility of the volunteer for issues and support.
The focus of this extension is to provide time saving features to users of the Scoutbook Tool. It is hoped that the life of this tool will be short and that Scoutbook is able to integrate these feature concepts. This tool should not be considered the final solution but rather an interim workaround to some needed features.
See the Installation instructions and links to feature specific documentation here
Until then, the extension includes the following needed features.
* Repeating Events. Create, edit and delete repeating calendar events
* Messaging Select attendees based on their Attendance or invitees based on RSVP status to send them messages.
* Update Multiple Event Invitees. Add invitees to any number of future events in a quick entry fashion.
* Enhanced Calendar View You get a modified calendar view that displays a + sign wherever there are multiple events on a single day
* Import events from a CSV file
* Copy/Clone Events
* Event RSVP Printable Report
* Open the Camping/Hiking/ServiceQuick Entry logs pre-filled with information from an Event.
* Sticky Calendar Date returns you to the recent date instead of the current date
* Add Scout Birthdays to Calendar option
* Quick Enter credits and debits for groups of Scouts.
* Balance/Transaction Report, with customizable send balance due messages
* Unit Level Accounting
* Quick Enter Swimmer Classifications and dates for Scouts and Leaders.
* Quick Enter health record dates for multiple Scouts and Leaders on one screen
* Quick Enter OA membership information for multiple Scouts on one screen
* You can view an OA Membership Report
Merit Badge Quick Entry for Units
* Quick Entry to Add merit badges, sign as the Unit Leader, and Assign Merit Badge Counselors.
Merit Badge Counselor Quick Connect
* Connect Scout to MBC from MBC Search Result and from Scouts MB Page
Merit Badge Counselor Tools
* Quick Entry to Approve requirements or Completed Merit badges for multiple Scouts in multiple units all at once.
* Merit Badge Report
* Identify unnecessary connections
* Direct links to MB pages for Scouts they counsel
Summer Camp Merit Badge Import from Black Pug Software
* Import data saved after 6/1/2017 from Summer Camps that use the scoutingevent.com website to track Merit badges.
* School information can be quick edited
Import Scouts and Parents
* Import New Scouts, invite parents, and update their essential profile information from a CSV file.
* Import only parents, and send invites as needed
* When the Scoutbook session is about to logged off due to inactivity, a popup appears and you can click to extend the session.
Clean Message and Forum Pasting
* When you paste events into Scoutbook, a special filter will remove all unsupported characters so you don't see gibberish in sent emails or forum posts. Please note, this will also remove some special characters like the (c) copyright symbol that might be in your original source that you are copying from.
* When changing all Scout permissions on a row in the Connection Manager, the permissions of the parent/child connections will be preserved.
* Clicking on the Scout name in the top row now allows you to set permissions for all the adults. Admin and parent connections will be preserved.
* Permissions by Position - set default permissions for adults based on their leadership roles or parental status to scouts
* Adds Select All Checkboxes for MBs and Adventures
* Adds Scout Youth Training Quick Edit
* Adds Adult Training export to CSV
* YPT Report, includes 2018 early expirations
* Adds Den/Patrol selections to Messages Page
* Adds Custom Message Groups
* Always copies you on message you send
* preview the BB code rendering
* Adds Help Links to SUAC and extension on Help page
* Adds a quick sort to the Print Roster Report
Youth Leadership Quick Edit
* Adds a Quick Edit for Youth Leadership Positions
* You can opt in to get notified when new versions are released
The Chrome version of the extension is available at the Chrome Webstore.
The Firefox version of the add-on is available on Mozilla Firefox Add-ons.
Version History - Note - only the 3 most recent versions or so will be shown to conserve forum space
2/13/2018 V0.30.0 Now always copies you on message you send through Scoutbook, and gives you options for upgrade notifications.
2/14/2018 V0.30.0.1 Firefox Release to fix training csv report download issue
2/20/2018 V0.31.0 Adds parent CSV file import, custom Balance Due messages and preview them, previews for regular messages, bug fixes in registration imports
2/27/2018 V0.32.0 Adds MBC Quick connect, quick MB find for MBCs, YPT Training Report, bug fixes for den/patrol selector on Messages
2/28/2018 V0.32.0.1 Changed YPT date to 2/1/18
3/4/2018 V0.32.0.3 Bug fixes for Swim QE, Health QE, and School QE where it wasn't handling updates to Packs
3/4/2018 V0.32.0.4 bug fix for MBC option showing on menu when it should not
3/22/2018 V0.33.0 Update to work with new Chrome Version 65, to scroll help page, and 'inside the box' changes for better error handling
3/22/2018 V0.33.0.1 Bug fix for Youth Leadership QE resulting in position being un-approved
3/23/2018 V0.33.0.2 Bug fix for MBC menu item Edit MB
7/1/2018 V0.33.0.3 Fix for date format issue in Black Pug import CSV